Disclaimer- ignore my spelling...lol
We are back. I havent blog in a while cause I was in a mood, we can just say i was having a pity party myself. I am not sure if it is because of everything we are going through or my sleep being off or the stress. I was letting little things bother me and I am sure making bigger deals out of things then i should. It started monday when I took Lori to the airport and had to get up at the crack of dawn ! I went into work for a little big cause the unit closes from 6:30-8 and got a email from my supervisor that i allowed to upset me ! I hate when people assume things without asking first. And one of my BIGGEST peeves is co-works whyo are co-workers getting in your business. We are not friends we only work together, You could not give a crap about me unitl you hear through the grapevine that something has happened and now you think we are best friends ! We are not. I did not share anything with you cause I dont want to discuss it with you ! So dont ask me like you know everything and dont go behind my back and ask my friends !! My friends should not be put in a position to have to answer any questions about how my child is. And if you have to ask other people then you are obviously not my friend !!! Cause my friends know. Okay.... getting off my soap box now but you can tell why it was not a good idea for me to post before now...lol... this is me calm...lol
Now on to Kayden....
Day 4
They took the 2 drainage tubes out and the pacemaker wires !! HUGE step in the right direction. AT 12:45 they removed her breathing tube but she didnt do well and they had to put a new one in, this time in her mouth ! Her throat is swollen and she was having problems breathing so they have her on steroids to tey and get her swelling down.
Robert noticed that her eyes were really shaking- "he keeps saying like a really bad drunk" how obviously is it that he is a police officer. They think it could be coming off the hard pain killers so they are going to try and give her a little more to see if that stops it. It didnt work so they are watching it. They are starting to allow her to nipple. She took 1 oz of pedilite. Step in the right direction.
Day 5
The cathader came out this morning and so did her art line (IV). They want her to eat 75ml or put the difference through the NG tube in her nose. at 2:05 she started eating through a bottle and did very well, the next feeding not so well. and so on, her throat is really swollen so through the night her feeds with be by tube to allow her to thraot to heal. they eye shaking has redeced but now her eyes seem to cross. Possibly all due to weak eye muscles caused by the meds.
Day 6 (wed)
Had a heart attach when I showed up at the hosptial today. Walked into her room and it sounded like she was gasping for air ! her air way is swelling and she is having trouble breathing. They put her on steroids to help reduce the swelling. She hasnt slept much yesterday or last night. she got a breathing treatment and then they put her on a humidifier that she wears a breathing mask for and she finally fell asleep !!! She slept for several hours. She is eating again this afternoon and is improving alot !!!
Day 7 (thursday)
OT came this morning to help with her feedings and she did great. the Doctors came to see her and are pulling out the feeding tube and the last IV. they are going to see how she does breathing today and are saying she could go home tomorrow or saterday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Mara,
Thank you for the update on Babygirl. I know it's been tough- hang in there! Please try not to let the "office" stuff bother you-just a waste of energy, my dear!It seems Kayden is getting stronger by the day. I want to come and see you all? When is a good time?
Get some sleep!
mara,
my heart goes out to you. you need a break, trust me. i think that every parent who has to have their child in a hospital for something major should automatically get a free vacation. like a consolation prize :) hang in there...it isn't easy but you are strong whether you see it or not. and kayden is doing great. the fact that she won't have anymore tubes or iv's is huge!!! prayers as always
Mara,
Glad to see some updates. I agree with Wendy, don't sweat the work stuff. It's not important. I also would love to come see you. Just drop me a line or a call and I'd love to come by. I'll email you.
Post a Comment