Went to the hospital this morning. Kayden is more swollen today than yesterday. They are giving her a diuretic to help her loose some of the fluid. She had two more episode where her ventricle pumped extra- once at 11pm and again at 1am. the are not concerned and will keep monitoring it. She has fluid in her lungs and they have to dry out before they can take her off the ventilator.We spoke with the surgeon, the cardiologist, and nurse practitioner and all said she is progressing well. They are reducing her meds and she is starting to wiggle and move her legs. They have her in soft restraints to keep her from pulling out any tubes. they gave her a bath last night and have her in a pony tail with a cute pink ribbon- her first pony tail...hehe The dietiian came in. I was a little concerned caus e she doesnt know how to make Kayden formula 30 calories ! I want to talk to the cardiologist about it. we had his problem before and Kaydens dr was very upset about it. he said that the hospital should be the one place that gets it right ! He is ut of town but I like the dr from his group who is checking in on kayden and I will discuss it with her.
We took teresa there to see kayden. she got pretty upset and didnt do as well as caitlin. she said she didnt like seeing her that way. I think I have handle this experience very well because of people like Shannon, Laurie, Heidi, Kele, Heather and all the other moms who have been down this road and gave me the map !! I was very prepared on what to expect and I think it has helped alot !! So I really appreciate these moms for having traveled this road before me !!
The day before Kaydens surgery, Robert picked her up from Daycare. Kristi had gotten an autograph bear and had all the kids/families sign it. We brought it up to the hospital today so she can have happy thought around her.
My sister treated teresa to coffee on the way to school yesterday, Caitlin got baskin robbins after school, and today she treated us to lunch. We are going to Caitlin's award ceremony and then going back to the hospital to see Kayden again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Hang in there, these little princess' of ours are tough... she will do great.
Praying for her and all of you and will continue to check back!!
Our thoughts & prayers are with you. I keep checking your blog & waiting for you to update it.
Thinking of you guys!! Hang in there...before you know it, she will be off the vent : ) Keep on going, one tube and one wire at a time.
((Hugs))
Mara,
So glad to hear docs say Babygirl is progressing well. I've been checking for updates. Please let me know if I can help with the girls this weekend. Tomorrow is Rilee's birthday, but am available to help any way I can. Not sure you want your girls around my rotten thing (lol) but if you need anything, please let me know. Try to get some sleep. Always in our prayers.
sounds like kayden is doing great!!! henry went through all the similiar things...diuretic, fluid in lungs, etc...it's all just typical stuff post-surgery. i know it can get pretty overwhelming hearing that she has this or that and not knowing what it means or how serious something is, but you will be out of there before you know it and she is in good hands! you're all still in our prayers
Post a Comment