Well we have truly been fighting the poop war ! Each battle has given the different sides wins and sometimes it is a draw ! Yesterday I lost a big one ! I was feeding Kayden and heard her poop, I said let finish this bottle and then we will change you. As soon as I moved the "burpie" I looked down to discover this battle was won by the poop by a landside. It had blown out the leg and was all over me and the blanket ! I was home alone and couldnt do much but lay her (with the pooped covered blanket) on the tile floor while I atempted to clean us all ! Today was a draw- I was slightly prepared and had put her in plastic bloomers. As we sat in the drs office I heard it and panic faced told the girl I needed somewhere to change her fast ! We then ran down the hall only to discover we couldnt save the bloomers but the outfit survived, calling that battle a tie. Althought I think the records is ...Poop 10 , Us 2. but who is really counting ????
We went to the heart Dr today for the follow up. He did a EKG, echo, and chest xray. The Doctor said it looks great and that there is just a little leak- but was very happy with the surgery ! He found some fluid outside the heart that could be the cause for Kaydens fussiness, moaning, and low grade fever (was 100 at the Dr ofc). He even had a name for it..peri.. something. He said it could be the sack around he heart is inflamed and that is what is causeing the fluid. He said it happens and that the symtoms are what she has. He is putting her on Motrin 4 times a day. but that still does not exlain the pooping. He wants to see her again next week.
And her sterile strips are falling off. I can not believe how thin the cut is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ugh. Doesn't sound like fun. When we went through this type of thing we went through receiving blankets like crazy. I would put them under her in the crib, always had one on my lap under her, etc. until the poop blowouts stopped. Receiving blankets are easier to throw in the wash than furniture and we just did a lot of laundry. Good luck!
Sorry to hear about the Poop problems. So glad the doctor said everything looks good.. If you ever want to give up your day job, consider comedey writing. Your attitude sounds great. Wish there was something we could do. Let us know.
Jen
Oh I am sorry girl. We have poop problems but it's because Jude WON'T poop...ugh! Hang in there
Post a Comment