We finally got to see Kayden at 3:35. It wasnt nearly as bad as I thought. While she was hooked up to alot of stuff. The machines were compact and not as bad as I thought. And her face did not swell. She looked so peaceful sleeping.
**Disclaimer** ignore my spelling !!!
She has the heart incision, 2 drainage tubes for the "bad" blood, 2 holes for wires for the pacemaker, 3 IVS, a catheter, a breathing tube for the ventilator, and a tube to drain her stomach. She is on alot of medicines including morphine, dopamine, valaximine (Valium) and ephanifrine to name a few (of course I spelled them all wrong)
The doctor told me they have had some issues with her heart rhythm. It is beating a little off which is commen after that type of surgery. they are going to watch it and see if they need to treat it with medication.
Caitlin came to the hospital. Child life came and talked to her and explained to her about all the tubes. They are definitly overwhelming. they helped her to get ready to see her sister. Caitlin handled it pretty well, but then again the nurses covered her body (and all the tubes and wires) with a pretty pink blanket ! We have given her a camera and her job is to take pics to help document the whole thing. then we are going to make a book to show Kayden later. that way if she asks about her scar she will know exactly how she got it. It has been a good distraction for Caitlin and gives her a job to make her a prat of this whole thing. teresa has to work so she cant see her sister until tomarrow. My sister Lori took the girls to school this morning and then came to the hospital to be with us until she had to get Caitlin for school, I cant express what a relief it is to have her here ! My friend Jill came up to the hospital and waited with us too and then my friend Melissa stopped by to see us as well. We really appreciate the support and the text messages and comments. We stayed there until 6 when the PICU closed for shift change. there isnt much we can do as she is heavily sediated so they told us to go home and get some sleep. We have the most expensive babysitters we can get and need to get some sleep while we can. It has been a very long day and I am totally exhausted so I am going to bed. thank ful for the day we had and praying things continue to ge well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
YEAH!! I am glad that she is doing well. Oh Mara... My prayers go out for you! What a wonderful way to help Caitlyn get through this process! Sometimes a JOB is the best thing to calm the nerves. It also makes her special and important in this process. She can "do" something. Bless you all!!!
I am so glad to hear that Kayden is doing well! That's wonderful that you got to see her : )
Keep updating us as you can. Every day now is just going to get better and better...
((Hugs))
Mara,
Thank you for the updates-it means a lot to hear how little Kayden is doing. I'm so glad she's doing well. I'm praying for a good day and I hope Mom got some rest!
so glad all is well! my prayers go out to you and your little one. i know it's a rough time right now, but i'm so excited for you all to see how strong kayden will become post heart surgery. it's amazing!!! i will be looking out for more updates!
glad to hear you got to see her and sounds like things are going well. Our prayers are with you all....we all know she will be fine because she has her momma's fiesty spirit.
Post a Comment