Thursday, January 8, 2009

Its happening

It is realy happening ! Kayden is back in the surgery section and we are waiting for a call to say that she is under and the surgery is begining. lets hope the rest of the day goes better then it started.

I wanted to gt up early so I could give Kayden a bottle. I wanted to get up at 3 because she couldnt eat after 3:30. But my alarm went off at 3:25. I went down and got the breastmilk I had put int he fridge at 6pm the nite before and discovered that it was still frozen and I was too tired and didnt have enough time to do much about it so I just went back to bed. Then had trouble falling back asleep. So we get to the hospital and it takes forever to get called back. when we do the nurse discovered that Kaydens band had fallen off which identfied her blood. We panicked. The called the or and had the blood sent back to the blood bank. They are going to take her blood again and cross reference it to what they have before they do the surgery !!! Lets hope that is the last of the problems.

The nurse "Emory" is going to call us times. The first to tell us she is on the breathing tube and the surgery will start. 2nd to say she is on the heart/lung bypass machine 3rd to tell us the procedure is done, 4th to say she if off the machine, then they will do an internal echocarddiogram and go back in if need be, if not call us 5 to say she is being closed.

While typing this the nurse Kina came in to go over everything with us and let us know what to expect. We got the first call and then almost an hour later (11:10) the second call to say the surgery was begining !!!!!!! I know this post seems pretty unemotional but believe me there has been lots of emotion today and a few tears !! The past 2 days have had ups an downs. I just happen to be on a "up" right now- more like a level, not really an up. more to come...........

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I am thinking of you! I know this waiting part is extremely difficult. Hang in there...sounds as if everything is right on track.
((Hugs))