Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things I forgot

1. Caitlin was asking when Kayden could eat again and we were explaining she was eating.

"Through a tube she asked" (being use to the NG tube Kayden was on)

through an IV we explained

"Oh ya" she replied "bananas"

bananas we questions, then we realized what she was talking about. Kayden was lossing potassium so they were giving her some through one of the ivs ! So I guess she is getting bananas through the IV..lol

2. We bougth containers and Caitlin decorated them with heart stickers. We are filling them with cookies and giving them to the people who have helped through this ordeal ! I spent most of the morning making cookies. Only to discover the dough for the 4 sheets of choc choc chunk were freezer burned. Then we made peanut butter but they werent very sweet so we melted choc for the top. then we made another batch of PB cookies and added sugar, but when I thought I was resetting the timer, I actually turned it off- so some of those burned ! I was sucessful with the oatmeal raison- figures huh !?!?! and one batch of choc chunk. Will try to do sugar cookies tonight so we can pass them out tomorrow.

3. My sister goes home tomorrow. It has been nice having her here. She is currently sleeping in the waiting room (she was out late last night). I have been using but the hospital has a library with computer access so I will still be able to update : )

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a sweet little angel. I am sorry that she has to go through this, but this WILL make her nice and strong! Hang in there Mara! Sending you prayers.

Laurie said...

Wow, those pictures sure bring back memories...
Hang in there!!! Thinking of you...