Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our busy life

So yesterday Kaydens day care went on a field trip- yes, I said field trip...lol They went to aquarina springs. Can Caitlin was invited to go too ! There were 3 adults and 11 kids from babies all the way to 4th grade. Lisa and Nathan came over last night and we put them side by side on the play mat.It was cute when they actually accidentally grabbed each others hands. of course in typical kid behavior - they stopped by the time I got the camera ready ! But they were really cute together and to hear then respond to each other talking. I told Kayden to be nice and not abuse him- she may need him as a back up date form prom later in life !

We got a letter in the mail that we were discharged from ECI. What !!! So I called them to find out what is going on. Anyway I explained that we were not very impressed by our ECI person- she was very nice but young and new. she would ask me"what can I do for you" my response... "I dont know- you tell me what can you do for me" How am I to know what the program has to offer if you dont tell me. Anywhy it looks like we are getting a new "experienced" person and we will see about working with thier PT on assistive therepy- ie the bodysuit I want that cost an arm and a leg ! The new person will be out next week to meet us.

One more day !!!! Yes- we have been having a count down for the past 6 weeks about when Caitlin can change her earrings ! What I didnt share was at one point Caitlin came to me and asked about her earring. I looked and there was nothing in the front of her ear. My 1st thought was the earring broke and what was I going to do to keep the post in before I could get another "starter" earring. But the earring was actually embedded in her ear ! YIKES ! I pushed it out and then Robert saw on the paperwork that if that happens go to your doctor ! So we went and he said he thinks it will be okay but put neosporn on it at night and he put her on an antibiotic to stop anything before it happens. So it is a BIG deal that we survived the 6 weeks and she gets to change out her earring ! Keep your fingers crossed it goes okay !

Now if you are sitting down- Teresa is starting to apply for scholarships. Lets see if it happens cause last night she wrote the essay and never submitted it ! This time she is more concerned with surfing the net looking for them then actually appling but we will see.

Robert took Kayden to the Doctor today for her weight check and to see if the pnuemonia was gone out of her chest- drove all the way out there to discover her appt was next week- opps ~ smile

We are still in the middle of the washer sage but I will have to get into that at another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mara,
Thank you. Your children our beautiful. You can email me at christi.lane@hotmail.com I can send you info. The jump is April 26th. You raise money to jump the goal is $1000 but they say to come on and bring what ever you raise b/c some people raise more but out of that $250 pays for your jump, shirt, BBQ dinner for your family, pics and a video and the rest goes to DSACT to support programs. I personally have not jumped but my husband, sister, brother in laws, and friends say it is an awesome experience.

heidi marie said...

i love the new ladybug pics, too cute!!! and i wanted to mention about your last post...you are going through what we went through a few months back. so i feel you pain. lol. but you might want to look into a flex spending plan. it has helped us out big time. your hr person that deals with insurance should be able to help you out. hang in there. henry's first year was so chaotic, but things have quieted down quite a bit recently.