Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Anyone know where to get a money tree ?

If all the medical bills from Kayden's surgery and Dr visits werent enough........
She has OT twice a week and it really seems to be paying off- she is rolling over and reaching for things ! Is it the therapy, the fact that she is over the surgery, or growing up ? Who knows but why mess with it. Well the OT is $30 co-pay each time which is $60 a week and now they are talking about adding PT so that would be $90 a week. Yes, I know we can go with ECI and get it for free but I REALLY like our therapist so I dont want to change.
then I keep finding things that will help.....and they never seem cheap ! We got her the Child rite chair- which is like the bumbo but for special needs kids- it helps her build her trunk muscles and it allows her to sit and look around without flopping. Even though it is made by Bumbo- it is ALOT more thaan the Bumbo$37 price tag ! How bout $200 !! Now I found out about a body suit that helps with their trunk muscles as well. We met someone whos daughter has one and she swares by it and said she wished you would have had it sooner ! Would you believe $150 !!
But how do you put a price tag on your childs chance at developing ? How can I say that I am doing everything I can to help my child ? Do I want to think that there was something else out there and I didnt do it ?
So, if you hear about any money trees out there- let me know. I have a great place in the backyard to put it where it will get lots of sun and water and even have some friends (a peach tree and an orange tree) and we promise to love it and take very good care of it ! And we will definitly use it for a very good cause !

1 comment:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I know it's frustrating girl, and I am so glad you like your therapist. Jude's splints, etc are free but again it's ECI. I am sorry!