Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Have a new date
Yesterday we went to see the surgeon. I can not tell you how much I REALLY like him ! We talked about the emergency room visit and her being sick. He explains things better than anyone and said it is normal for surgeries to be postponed because babies get sick. He called Kayden princess and told her that guck coming out of her ears is not very attractive for boys. (heehee) He said he could get us in before the end of the year but he prefered not to. That the hospital is on low staff and he did not want to do the surgery and then leave town. How awesome ! A doctor who actually cares about their patient. Not saying that others don't, he was just so sincere about it. I feel totally confortable with this man holding my daughters heart in his hands- he has already captured our hearts. Even Robert really likes him and he has been cranky when it comes to Doctors lately- I think because Kayden's ear infection was not caught sooner. When we told him aboutr the ER Doctors reaction to the chest xray, he even made a point to pull it up and look at it while we were there. He said there is some streaking in her lungs but was okay with it considering she was sick. I almost forgot... the new date.... January 8, 2009. It seems so far away but yet at the same time it seems so soon. I started getting scared yesterday. I read Kele's story about Presleys heart suregery and all of a sudden it hit me that they are going to cut my daughters chest open. And I started getting teary eyed. As soon as I got home from the Surgeon's office I called about her synagis shot. I can not take a chance of her getting sick and postponing the surgery again. Especially since Dr Fox said that is the main reason of surgeries getting rescheduled. So I called and she goes thursday for a new synagis shot. I called my sister and she is going to talk to her boss about being here for the surgery ~she is really coming through and it is such a relief to know she will be here to help with the big girls. Then I get a text message from my friend Melissa asking about a date, I told her the date and her reply was "Nice! that will be here before you know it!" then her next message was "I know ur disappointed but the good news there is a date. She will be strong and healthy" Got to love Melissa, she always seems to know the right thing to say : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
it will be here before you know it...we will be thinking of all of you and praying as well.
Thank you for your message on my blog. I will certainly be following yours now!
Please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do to help. We are 6 weeks post-op and I certainly remember that the weeks and then days leading up to the surgery can be quite difficult.
I will be thinking of you and your beautiful family.
Post a Comment