Thursday, December 4, 2008

She does have a heart.

My stepdaughter Teresa lives with us, and has since Caitlin was born almost 9 years ago. Even though I do so much for her, I am often considered the evil stepmother since I also discipline her (including taking away her cell phone). She has also been through alot with her mother (if you can call her that even though she did give birth) and Teresa's emotions are a little out of wack. She cries over not getting to go to a friends house but not when the dog died- that sort of out of wack. Well Last night we had a talk about Kayden's surgery and she got tears in her eyes talking about it. she is really upset over the fact that they are going to stop Kayden's heart to do the surgery. I guess I never thought it would affect her that way. Afterall she never even cared to visit me when I was in the hospital for a week. So I was really glad to see her cry. Not being ugly,but she showed the expected emotion. It really touched me to see her true concern for her sister. there is hope for teenagers after all. On a side note... the day before she knocked one of my champagne flutes out of the cabinet and it broke. she was a little ugly about it saying "I already apoligized" and then later high fived her friend when she found out he broke glass of his moms the same day- like she was proud of it. So thatis why I got excited about her tearing up and saying the comment about having hope for teenagers ~smile. PS she also informed me that she has an F on her progress report coming out today ~ sigh~ guess I get to keep holding on to the cell phone !

1 comment:

Bierma Clan said...

You know they do have hearts in there they are just buried under lots and lots of it's all about me issues. It always seems to come out when you least expect it too. I also think that hormones over run the heart too.....lol