Thursday, December 4, 2008

Letter from Santa

thought it was such a good idea that I had to share an email I got : )

If any of your children want to send a letter to Santa, send it to my office and I have a Santa Letter that the post office is doing and we can send it back to your child so they will get a personalized letter from Santa. The offices here in Arkansas are doing this, but I don't know about other states.

Rainna McGuire
Postmaster/Saratoga
1948 Main Street
Saratoga, AR 71859

She is even tweeking one for Caitlin : ) Here is the situation.... we are jewish and my daughter did not believe in Santa. In first grade the class wrote letters to santa and she told them there was no such thing. So my husband and I decided maybe she should believe so she doesnt ruin it for everyone else. so santa came that year and brought her the pink phone she asked for in the letter she wrote. Last year she wrote a letter that said "dear santa if mom doesnt get me a nintendo ds will you ?" so santa gave her a game to go
with the nintendo mom and dad gave her. we have now created a monster (see the blog with her list). So now I have to get her to take a chill pill but considering it it the same time as Kayden's surgery I dont want her to be devistated so I have asked for it to say something like it "Even though you have Hanukkah, Santa wanted to bring you a little something since you have been so good"
And then Mommy can emphasize the word "little" (meaning no diamonds $500,00 or a horse)
I know that Santa shouldnt come to her at all but I figure believing a little magic cant be that bad- she will grow up soon enough and realize that in the real world magical beings do not show up and bring gifts or money (toothfairy). We do talk about the real meaning of the holidays and she is bringing books to school for Africa and volunteering for the 4th year with blue Santa. she needs some magic in her life. and if a magical being would come and get Kayden through her surgery and make everything okay- I will believe too !!!

No comments: