First I want to say that I spent half of Friday trying to push through Kaydens synagis appt ! I think they just dropped the ball and didnt want to admit it ! The Drs office gave me a load of crap that my primary Dr wouldnt get the referral ! I know better ! Anyway after me throwing fits- we now have it scheduled for Wednesday ! I am not taking any chances of her getting sick. especially cause Teresa is staying home for school today cause she feels sick !
So Caitlin is on her antibiotic for her tooth and it is scheduled to come out on Thursday. Well, she goes to a party Saturday and comes running home, she had eaten a piece of fruit and it pushed up her tooth and made her loose tooth worse ! She ends up calling our friend Jill to come over and pull it- cause after all, Mommy doesnt do that sort of thing ! Jill comes, tooth comes out ! YEAH !!!! except the excitement didnt last long... the tooth fairy didnt come : ( Guess she was just too tired. With a little help she made it the next night and everything is good in the world again. She even left a note saying sorry ! Then Caitlin has the nerve to do a handwriting analysis on the note ! She is definitely going to be a hand full !
So yesterday was our appt with the surgeon. I REALLY like him ! After talking to Kele, I took a list of questions, after asking a couple he asked me "how am I doing ?" She here is the nitty gritty..... He said (btw, his name is Dr Fox) that our of all the scenarios- hers is the best !YEAH !!! He is going to cut her open and open her breat bone (with a saw- I asked if he was going to break it- it made it sound much nicer- although there is no nice way to tell you her breast bone will be held together with wires for the rest of her life ! But he did say the wires wont set off the metal detectors) and repair the atrial septum and ventricular septums ( the walls) and then the mitro valve and tricuspid valves. He thinks it will take about 4 hours for the surgery (his part) but the other things could take 30 minutes to 2 hours. The ventricle septum is real close to a "conductor" and there is a chance he could get to close and then she would need a pacemaker. I little scary to think about ! I am soo glad that I had talked to Kele and Heidi- it game me a good idea what to ask and what to expect so it wasnt such a blow to hear it all from him. Knowing that Presley, Henry, and Zoey have all been through it is so reassuring !So he said "lets pick a date" then he asked "how important is Thanksgiving to your family?" what ? that fast ? no way ! thinking of the other kids I wanted it as close to xmas break as possible so it didnt interfer with school but far enough that she would be home for the holidays. We picked thursday December 11th. I have to call today or tomarrow to schedule her pre op which could take 3-4 hours- fun !
Then I got home and had a "come to jesus" meeting with Teresa. I know she is a teenager but I really need her to straighten up so we can focus as a family on Kayden and not be distracted by her behavior. Besides her grades (2 c's and a f)I discovered yesterday morning that she had taken my phone and text a guy from 10:30 ish to around 11. I found out cause yesterday morning my phone vibrated- I knew I hadnt put it on silent, looked at it and there was a text. I looked in outgoing texts and there was nothing there so I text back and asked who was this. The reply was "Teresa, it's will" I confronted her and she tried to lie but eventually told me that she had used my phone and went in and deleted the texts she sent and put the phone on vibrate. then I find out that when she babysat she asked to use the computer to look up stuff for school- yeah right she got on myspace and facebook and was talking to boys. We discussed that she lied to the parent and how can they trust her with their most valuable possession (their child) but cant trust her with the computer. She is a little embarrassed so hopefully it wont happen again. We also talked about what is going to happen to Kayden and that at her age she needs to step up to the plate and help rather that distract and cause stress because she is sneaking around and lying ! Hopefully we got through to her !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'M SO GLAD YOU HAVE A DATE! I KNOW IT'S BITTERSWEET. I WILL EMAIL YOU LATER WHEN I HAVE BOTH MY HANDS FREE...TYPING WHILE HOLDING HENRY IS NOT EASY
Post a Comment