Thursday, November 20, 2008

Caitlins tooth is out and Kaydens pre op is in !

So Robert is working the wacky schedule of 4 days on and then 4 days off. So when he is working I am on my own at night and then he sleeps for most of the day. He is on his "offs" right now so he tells me we should take turns at night with Kayden. So in 8 days I get her 6 and then he gets her 2- or in a 12 day period I get her 10 and he gets her 2. Is it just me- or does that not really sound fair ?????

Kayden got her synigais yesterday- Daddy took her- afterall I took her for her 4 month shots. I am not sure if it is connected but she was up alot last night- tossing and turning and crying..... After a while I couldnt any more and woke up Robert. It only seems fair since I had to work today and he is off. He said she kept wanting to play and it seemed like she was waking every hour ! He said he was going to nap today ! Must be nice. I never get to nap during the day when I am up with her at night.

Caitlin went to the dentist and had her tooth pulled. Daddy got to take her to that ...lol (that's fair right..lol) She got there and refused to allow them to touch her unless mommy was there (awwww- how sweet).So they gave her gas to relax and out the tooth came. they also pulled a tooth in the front that was loose and had to come out because the big one was coming in. So, 2 teeth for the tooth fairy tonight. She better come- it wouldnt be right for her to be late twice in a row ! (see previous post). But Daddy is home tonight so I have a feeling she wont miss her visit this evening !

We have scheduled Kayden's pre-op for Monday Dec 8th. They said plan for 3-4 hours for the appointment. I am so excited, I can not express it ! Just how I want to spend my day.I have so much to do before her surgery. I am staying extremely busy at work to get everything done so I can be out. I have applied for FMLA and for sick leave pool. It is pretty hard to get but under the circumstance I think I have been approved ! That is a relief. I also have my sister coming in. She already got her ticket. She comes in the night before and will be able to get the big kids to school and then come hang with us at the hospital and then will pick up the girls and bring them to the hospital afterwards. We have tried to start explaining to Caitlin what to expect and how her sister will look. Of course miss drama queen got so upset that she refused to let her sister have the surgery. It has sunk in and she is handling it better now. Lori will stay for the weekend and then fly home. she will come back for the holidays about the time Kayden gets out of the hospital.

1 comment:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Wishing her the best with her surgery. Thanks for the email. It's always nice to know when your blog has helped others. She is a beauty by the way!