Monday, August 31, 2009

What do you say ?????

One thing that has been a positive of Kayden having special needs to getting to know other families of special needs children. It has allowed me to be exposed to things outside my bubble that I never would have before. I found out that babies can have strokes before they are ever born, I have learned how unfair life can be, how others deal with issues have have been able to learn from it. But this is the first time I have had to deal with this.........

A few months ago I meet a mom here in town who had started an organization (www.coopersquest.org) named for her son who was diagnosed at 10months with a genetic disease. We had talked back and forth and compared notes and talked about getting together to talk the kiddos for a walk, and then I hadnt heard from her, until friday when I got this email........
"Hi Mara.
I'm sorry that its been awhile since the last email. Cooper's disease progressed very rapidly in June...it was a really hard month for us. Cooper passed away on July 8 and I have been on a leave of absence...I'm just now getting around to emails. I think about you & your family all the time. I would still love to meet you sometime and just be able to talk in person.
I hope everyone is doing well."

what do you say back ??????
That Kayden is improving and doing really well ??
I was heartbroken....
I cried, and cried, and cried
and then I went home to hug my children

No comments: