Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Still alive

So I havent posted in a while. Things have been so crazy here and I have so much more on my plate after Robert's heart attack. We got evaluated for PT for Kayden and the PT was very excited with where Kayden was and how she is doing ! Almost made me cry ! She was surprised how well she was doing so soon after her heart surgery. It was nice to hear that she is doing good instead of she is lacking ! We are adding Pt so the OT can work on her eatting. She is normal and pushes the food out when you feed her. It takes us forever to get her to eat some and we get tired and frustrated. So I am loving the thought of an angel coming to get her to eat and taking that extra stress away from me ! Think we can get her to potty train too ????? Thinking positive !

Robert is doing well.It is hard to believe he had a heart attack a week ago. He is getting tired easily but we dont know if that is from the meds. He was supose to have cardiac rehab but the lady wont call him back to schedule it ! And you know guys- much more of a delay and he is going to say forget about it !

Caitlin is awesome ! Sleeping in her own bed and does not seem to be overly affected by robert's hospital stay. For those of you who dont know- I was hospitalized 2 years ago and after that Caitlin could not sleep by herself ! We had just recently gotten her to move back into her room so we were worried this would be a set back ! Looks like we weathered the storm okay on this one ! My very sweet and loving daughter planned a surprise birthday party for me last saturday. There was concern about doing it right after Robert's heart attack so I found out about it. She is so sweet and got my firend Melissa to help her. It was alot of fun and I have the best daughter in the whole world ! BTW- she cooked Robert and I dinner last night (her first time) making macaroni and cheese (it was not all the way cooked and was dry) but it was the best mac and cheese we ever ate !

Teresa is a tenager and now I see why my dad said the word teenager is a bad word ! I have been staying after her to do scholarships and of course she waits for the last minute. then when she goes to turn it in the teacher was out ! ARGH ! Then she was leaving for school yesterday with 2 shirts and a jacket and flip flops ! What happened to the rule NO FLIP FLOPS to school ?????? so I said she needed to put on real shoes ! (we have a long history of flip flops to school and having to take them away) she starts mouthing off. Her dad even tells her it is too cold for them and there goes the mouth and did not stop all the way to school ! Can she not stress out her dad a week after his heart attack over friggin flip flops ???? ARGH !!!!!!

So- my dad comes in tonight for 2 weeks (staying with me), my aunt comes in tonight too staying with my mom. Passover starts tonight, tomorrow is my birthdya, tomarrow is Robert's cardiology appt, and my day care is closed thursday- monday. always something.......

2 comments:

rustinlane.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday early!! Try to stay stress free but teenagers are a killer...Flip flops are the "in" thing (I'm sure she has told you)both my nieces wear them year round. You just have to let the small things roll off your back...That's what I have learned this go around don't sweat the small stuff.

heidi marie said...

i am so glad robert is doing better. you guys have been in my prayers. it's just so crazy how things happen sometimes. and i'm glad you are having some help come stay with you. nothing is better than a supportive family.

and hang in there about teresa. teenages do suck. i remember my sisters being such lil b-words. but the one is almost 21 and we get along so well. i think once they get out of high school and have to be on their own a bit...whether it be college or a job, they begin to realize it's not all about them and their little world