My sister called me yesterday sobbing hysterically.
She has a Friend, L, who she has know since she was 14. Around 3 years ago, L married P. Three months later he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The had treatments done and it appeared to be improving. Last year they had a baby girl, A. Well the tumor got worse and earlier this week she called to tell me that they were stopping the treatments because they werent sure why he was getting worse- fromt he tumor or the treatments. Yesterday P had a stroke and died in L's arms. At 29 years old, L is now a widow.And this baby girl will not get to know who her daddy is.
I know that we have been through so much this year but I can not imagine what she is going through ! I feel so horrible and sad for by sister who was close to them. I dont have the words to tell her it will be okay. There is nothing I can say to make it better or to explain why life is so not fair ! Why do these things have to happen especially to good people. She works for the boys and girls club and he helped save trees !!! Why did my husband live and he husband die. I just dont understand why all these things happen.
Please pray for this family- help them to find the strength to deal with it and to be able to accept it.
And as usual- my work gets to see me with black smears down my face and puffy eyes. Although I am not too happy with work right now. They assume way to much. I am sure that they will see me and assume it has something to do with work and say crap about it having to do with something else- not knowing the truth- but what else can I expect from them. Oh well- guess I have to deal with it until I change jobs !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Prayers for your friends going up...
Darn tumors and Damn strokes! Hate strokes.
I am so sorry! I will say prayers for her. We have lost some friends in the last few years under similar circumstances. It's so hard to watch your friends suffer. There is a an old paperback book called "When bad things happen to good people" that is pretty good. You can probably get it on Amazon (used) for just a few bucks. Take care!!! You did a wonderful thing just by supporting and listening to your sister.
Post a Comment